- Helensburgh flat fire was started deliberately, say police
NO-ONE was injured in the fire which broke out in a flat in the town's John Street late last night but nearby resident were all evacuated.
- Gallantry medal for RNLI volunteer who helped rescue two men from stricken boat in complete darkness & rough seas
BARRY Gourlay and two other crew members from Anstruther station battled three-metre high waves to reach the boat at Crail last August.
- Elderly woman dies after being hit by council van on Fife road
THE elderly woman died at the scene of the accident in Dalgety Bay this morning and police are appealing for witnesses.
- Sharkey murder trial: Accused told a friend Thomas Snr 'got what he deserved', a jury hears
SIMON Fraser told the court he met accused Scott Snowden for dinner and was shocked to hear him say Thomas Sharkey deserved what had happened to him.
- Gun campaigner David Grimason recognised by UK Government for his work following the death of his baby son
DAVID Grimason has been lobbying the UN to tighten up the international arms trade after his two-year-old son Alistair was shot dead in Turkey in 2003.
- Holyrood's flag of Europe replaced after it was spotted flying with just 11 of its 12 stars
STAFF at the Scottish Parliament suspected the 12th star, which was sewn onto the Europe flag, may have blown away in the wind.
- Concerns for future of Inverness flights after Flybe sells Gatwick airport slots to easyJet
FLYBE has announced the sale of all of its take-off and landing slots at Gatwick Airport to easyJet, raising concerns over future of flights between London and Inverness.
- Funnymen Greg Hemphill and Robert Florence set to stage wrestling match to bring final curtain down on Glasgow's Kelvin Hall
THE wrestling match between the comedy stars will be the last sports event to be held at the historic arena, which is set to close this summer.
- Dundee bus driver faces jail after admitting sordid clinch with 14-year-old girl on top deck
CHRISTOPHER FORBES, 32, has been placed on the sex offenders' register after he was caught kissing the underage girl at the back of the bus he was driving.
- Nuns accused of physically abusing six young girls more than 40 years ago cleared of assault charges
ANNE KENNY, 79, and Agnes Reville, 77, were cleared of the assault charges at Paisley Sheriff Court after a five-year battle to clear their names.