The Machrihanish Golf Club Clubhouse has been destroyed by a blaze which started around lunchtime yesterday 19th December 2018.
Thankfully there were no injuries although the Club Steward and his family have been made homeless by the blaze.
The club posted the following statement on Facebook:
“As many will be aware, absolute devastation has hit Machrihanish Golf Club today. A fire has ripped through the entire Clubhouse, completely destroying the building.
Fire Fighters have been working tirelessly from lunchtime today to try and contain the fire but unfortunately, despite every effort, they have been unable to save the building.
We at Machrihanish Golf Club would like to express a sincere thank you to all who have helped and provided their support to the Club today, from those who helped to remove as much memorabilia as they possibly could from the lounge early on to all the offers of help and support received. We would like to express a particular thank you to the hard work of the Fire Fighters, the Ugadale Hotel and the local Coop for supplying food and refreshments to the Fire Fighters throughout the afternoon and evening.
Our thoughts are with all Club Members at this sad time with our heartfelt, special thoughts going to Iain, our Club Steward and his family who have very sadly lost their home.
We will endeavour to keep you updated in due course and our office staff will be in touch with all members in the comings days.“