Arrival at the White Hart Hotel, Campbeltown, Kintyre, Argyll, Scotland.
Filmed in 1914 – Soldiers from the 7th & 9th Battalion’s Argyll & Sutherland Highlanders bound for camp and arriving at Campbeltown, together with their supplies in horse-drawn carts and wagons.
The film ends at the Ugadale Arms Hotel, Machrihanish, panning past what is now the Machrihanish Golf Club Ladies Clubhouse. The current Clubhouse (next door) used to be a home.
Filmed for Randall Burnette, owner of the De Luxe Cinemas in Rothesay and Glasgow, and member of the Board of the Picture House, Campbeltown.
See http://www.machrihanish.net/the-wee-toon for more pictures and info on Campbeltown.